The idea and initiative of creating social and entrepreneurial corporations was first announced by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev on March 1, 2006 in the Address to the people of Kazakhstan "Strategy of Kazakhstan's entry into the 50 most competitive countries in the world" and is supported by the Head of State and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Social and entrepreneurial Corporation "Batys" was established by the decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 17, 2007 No. 407 "on measures to establish and ensure the activities of social and entrepreneurial corporations "Caspian", "Tobol" and "Batys".
The main subject of activity of JSC SEC Oral is assistance to economic development of the West Kazakhstan region, by consolidation of efforts of the public and private sectors.
The objectives of the JSC "SEC "Oral" is:
- Assistance to economic development of West Kazakhstan region;
- Creation of favorable conditions for business development through consolidation of public and private sectors;
- Creation of a single economic market based on the cluster approach;
- Formation of a favorable economic environment to attract investment and innovation in the West Kazakhstan region;
- Exploration, production and processing of minerals;
- Participation in the development and implementation of programs aimed at social development of the region.
Basic principles of activity of JSC SEC "Oral"
The activity is based on the principle of a transparent system of corporate governance, the principle of completeness-with balanced support for initiatives, both private and public sectors of the economy and the principle of priority, which means preference for projects that reflect solutions to socially significant problems in the region.
Objectives of JSC "SEC "Oral"
Achievement of the purpose of creation of JSC SEC Oral is based on the solution of the following main tasks:
- Ensuring the achievement of Company goals and objectives based on the recommendations of the Specialized Council on the questions of the SEC under the Government of Kazakhstan subject to the provisions of the medium-term plans for socio-economic development strategies of industrial - innovative development of Kazakhstan for 2003-2015 years, and of territorial development of Kazakhstan until 2015.
- Creation of an effective system of state assets management;
- Implementation of the principles of social responsibility of business in the regions;
- Creation of competitive, export-oriented industries on the basis of public and private partnership;
- Creating a favorable environment for attracting investment and innovation;
- Implementation of business projects, including on the basis of concessions and cluster initiatives;
- Creation of institutional conditions for the development of small and medium-sized businesses;
- Ensuring breakthrough development of regions through consolidation of state assets and entrepreneurial initiative;
- Promotion of the economic image of the region in the domestic and foreign markets;
- Improving the productivity of small and medium-sized businesses through the development of cluster production and the introduction of new technologies;
- Formation of the base of business projects, financing and creation of conditions for their implementation.